Described by Self Magazine as the “perfect workout must have,” owner of Winston Pilates, fitness specialist, Winston Carney launched her career over a decade ago when she began studying and teaching Pilates under the expert tutelage of master teachers, Lisa Silveira and Elizabeth Fowler. Deeply anchored in Pilates history, both were certified by Romana Kyryzanowska, the pre-eminent heir to the classical tradition of Joseph Pilates. Her self-described impatience with the unspoken “ ...assembly line, get them in, get them out, fitness world mantra” and commitment to raising the fitness craze bar is reflected in her impressive clientele. Celebrity fans, housewives, executives and seasoned athletes alike, rely on Carney, not only for her rehabilitative knowledge, but also for her ability to apply it in an understandable and enjoyable manner. “There's a lot of confusing information on fitness out there,” says Carney, “my job is to is to make it relevant to the individual, in a manner that is motivating not intimidating!” Living by the maxim, ”concentration, focus, practice and patience,” Carney synthesized her unquestionable fitness experience and expertise into an innovative stress free, muscle strengthening, body re-balancing, stretch heavy movement called POWER RELAXATION.
- About The Studio
- Our Instructors
- What is Pilates
- Book A Class
- Monthly Specials
Become a fan of Winston Pilates on Facebook and enjoy weekly tips and monthy specials
Find health, balance and strength.
1327 Ocean Avenue
Santa Monica, CA
(310) 395 2220
© 2012 Winston Pilates
- Discover How Pilates Keeps Heidi Klum Looking Great
- Pilates Humor: The Complete Guide To Doing Pilates At Work
- Pilates: The Perfect Conditioning System For Wine Drinkers
- Why Has Pilates For Men Suddenly Become So Popular?
- Introducing Move System: Pilates Clothing That Thinks It's Your Instructor
- 10 Olympic Athletes Who Used Pilates To Help Achieve Their World Class Goals
- Featured Pilates Instructor: Kathy Innes
- Olympic Swimmer Dana Vollmer Breaks World Record and Wins Gold After Adding Pilates To Her Workout
- Paddleboard Pilates Hits The Hudson River But Can It Stay Afloat?